Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Version control system for Alteryx

mathias_schnoor
11 - Bolide

Hey!

Exits any plugin for a VGS like Git or Subersion for Alteryx?

Best regards

Mathias

6 REPLIES 6
KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mathias,

We don't currently offer any out-of-thebox hooks into external systems for version control, though we did release version control with our Alteryx Server in 10.0. We also have customers who have simply stored the workflows within SVN/GIT.

Is there a particular versioning system you are wanting to see integration with?

mathias_schnoor
11 - Bolide

Hey KoryC,

IDEs rather take have a Git integration.

So Alteryx with a Git integration would be a good idea, I think Man Wink

KoryC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @mathias_schnoor - we'll use this feedback as we further define our roadmap in that area. Are you and the team currently heavy Git users, and do you find yourselves collaborating on the same workflows? And what sorts of Git hooks would you anticipate seeing - push/pull/fetch? Anything else?

mathias_schnoor
11 - Bolide

Thank you for your support.

I would you anticipate seeing:

push/pull/fetch

Create new branche if nessesary, so I can work on my one branche and merge with other branche like a master branche, where a great feature too.

Mathias

ronaktali
5 - Atom

GIT integration will be incredibly useful to store and maintain Alteryx workflows in a systematic way. I would like to see same functionality as the RStudio's implementation of GIT so that commits/push/pulls can be done directly from within Alteryx

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @mathias_schnoor,

Have you also logged this on the ideas section?   As Alteryx continues to grow more into enterprise-class space, this kind of functionality would be very very helpful (along with an idea that we logged which was related to a way that Alteryx Admins can manage the promotion from a dev to a prod env, with specific checks and balances enforced.

Very useful idea!