Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Using the Data Bundle on Company Server

BPurcell2
9 - Comet

My company is installing the data bundle (Experian, Tom Tom, etc.) on our internal Alteryx Server.  I'm helping them test.  

They installed 2017 q3 and I only have 2017 q2.  

On Designer, when I save to server, I get this:

I'm getting this error:  "Data Latest:Experian_US not installed on this machine" 

When I try to run it on server, this:

An unknown error occurred in PI_PushAllRecords. (Tool Id: 1)

Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @BPurcell2

You may want to work with our support team (support@alteryx.com) regarding this. It sounds like that dataset was either wasn't installed correctly or not installed at all. The "An unknown error occurred in PI_PushAllRecords. (Tool Id: 1)" error message is generated when a dataset isn't selected in the Allocate Input tool - so that's pretty in-line with your first error message.

It shouldn't be an issue that you have Q2 and the Server has Q3 - because you selected the "Most Recent Vintage" option. Alteryx will look for a vintage tag written into those datasets and select from there.

One thought - on your company server, was the data installed as a "Network Install"? If so - you may not have completed the installation process. Once the data is installed to the network - you need to navigate back to the location where you installed to the network, and run the datainstall.exe again. Select all of the data - then when you get to the "Location" tab of the install - you need to select "Register from a network location" and hit finish. This final step will point Alteryx to where the data resides. All users (including the server) that use the data will need to complete this step - if you had installed as a network installation.

Edit: Here's a good article on Network Installations for the Data Bundles - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Prepare-a-Network-Data-Install/ta-p/1...