Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Using Cass/Business Insights across organization

zekhan
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if and how to use the Business Insights Data package across my organization without needing an individual license for every user.

Can requests be sent to the server to provide workflow output? Is this included in the Server + Connect offering?

e.g say I want to CASS a set of addresses, can I do that by sending the relevant file to Alteryx server to run a workflow and return CASS standardized addresses? Or will the client device need additional licensing as well?

I understand that dataset packages are licensed per user, however in the case of the Server. Does this still apply?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@zekhan !
Speaking for the Location Insights data package only, as I do not have the Business Insights license:

I have to have two license keys for the Location Insights; one is for my laptop and the other for Server.  I cannot put workflows using CASS or TomTom data into the Public Gallery but I can share them in Collections.  I can then allow named users to access the workflows in said collection.  They can also  be access via the REST API.

Because the Business Insights package contains third-party data, I imagine the server will require a separate license as well.   Ask your account executive or fulfillment at alteryx dot com.

Hope this helps.

Best,

David

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can deploy workflows utilizing the data packs to the Server to allow more users to use them. Essentially, only the user with the individual named license would be able to build the workflows, but once they are built they can be deployed to the Server for more people to use.

The workflows can be customized with interface tools to allow users to select the variables.

I suggest reaching out to your Account Executive to get more details.