Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Users unable to see "Jobs shared with me" in the Gallery

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have a workflow on the company's Alteryx Gallery which I've made public so that all users can see. However, when I run the workflow in the Gallery, other uses are unable to view the history of this. Additionally in workflow status, they can't see that this workflow has been run either.

How can I make this visible to all users?

Thanks!

afk

5 REPLIES 5
dana_mcdonough
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @akasubi : It is my current understanding that users will only have access to view history of jobs that have been scheduled and available in collections. I believe this is for compliance reasons because workflows can be run using someone's specific credentials. There is also another option to create a workflow to pull from MongoDB and output the schedule/history information to required users.

Let me know if this helps!

Dana

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @akasubi 

You will not be able to see the workflow history of other users that ran a specific workflow. 

You can utilize the server usage report workflow to see which users ran specific workflows and how many times (can be found within the downloads portal).

Hope this helps. 

Scardax
7 - Meteor

In past we have one page to check all the job shared with me, where I was able to check the status of the 30 workflows that I have to monitor. with the change of server this section disappeared and now to check I need to open one by one the workflows from the schedule section.

Can we image if we have 200, 300 or more? open one by one, it take hours....

Why this "job shared with me" section disappeared? 

I suppose the new release should improve the situation, not make it worst.

SHIV98
5 - Atom

I also have exactly same problem. So tedious and time waste to monitor all workflows.

Did you find any way?

Scardax
7 - Meteor

No, the thing has been escalated but no answer neither solution proposed.

maybe they will consider in future this thing for new releases..... fingers crossed.