Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Use Server local drive to read and write files from Gallery workflow

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to understand how do I use the Server local drive folders (such as C:\Alteryx\Data\Files) to read flat files as input and also write the outputs - all this after publishing the workflow to the Gallery. I tried doing it but often get file not found error.

I will re-attempt this today trying some different method but wanted to know if anybody here has been able to do that. Please let me know if I need to elaborate more on this.

Thanks,

Sagar

4 REPLIES 4
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@sagar_agarwal - often times mapped drives differ in name (C,E) on different machines, so you will want to reference the UNC path instead. You can read more about updating that here.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Hi @SophiaF,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I made the changes as mentioned in the article and tried saving the workflow again - only to get this error now. Any ideas how do I fix it?

Few things:

1) I am using the Designer present on the Server to build and publish the workflow. No local desktop Alteryx Designer involved.

2) I had tried changing the "Run As" feature in the Settings - entered the Server credentials at the place. This had fixed this problem but I can't use it since Server credentials (password) is dynamic - it changes everyday.

Scheduler Workflow Dependencies.PNGScheduler Workflow Error SQL.PNG

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you are on the Server machine itself, then setting the Run As is the way to go. Since your password changes everyday, I would recommend working with your IT department to create a domain account specifically for Alteryx that you can set as the Run As; as long as it has the necessary permissions to the folders, this should solve your problem

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Fz
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have the same problem as @ashkhan , I tried your solution :

change workflow dependencies to ALL UNC

save as my workflow in my company gallery alteryx

and to finish schedule my workflow 

I have an input file deposit in netowrk folder and I wish I find my output file deposit in network folder 

but i still have the same problem, my workflow run with any error message. but still no output file on the network folder 

bug.PNGThank you!!!