Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Use 'File Browse' to select 1 of 3 outputs

HenpetsGordres1
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow which is assessing data from different countries all around the world. At present the workflow is outputting to 3 different sheets. I want to know if I can select 1 (and only 1) of these 3 outputs before opening the workflow. The options are UK, ROW (Rest of World) & All

HenpetsGordres1_1-1586253175230.png

I want users to be able to select which of these 3 workflows they want to output. Is this possible?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think the best thing is to combine all 3 streams into 1 with a field that identifies UK, ROW and All.

Then us a filter tool to select one and use your action tool to manipulate the option chosen in the filter tool before the browse tool

Blake
12 - Quasar

I agree with @DavidP but if for some reason the filter option isn't viable (different fields per report or something), I would say to put each of those outputs in to a container that can be enabled with a radio button based on the user's selection. 

See this designer discussion for an example : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Radio-button-enable-disable-container/...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!