Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Use 'File Browse' to select 1 of 3 outputs

HenpetsGordres1
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow which is assessing data from different countries all around the world. At present the workflow is outputting to 3 different sheets. I want to know if I can select 1 (and only 1) of these 3 outputs before opening the workflow. The options are UK, ROW (Rest of World) & All

HenpetsGordres1_1-1586253175230.png

I want users to be able to select which of these 3 workflows they want to output. Is this possible?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think the best thing is to combine all 3 streams into 1 with a field that identifies UK, ROW and All.

Then us a filter tool to select one and use your action tool to manipulate the option chosen in the filter tool before the browse tool

Blake
12 - Quasar

I agree with @DavidP but if for some reason the filter option isn't viable (different fields per report or something), I would say to put each of those outputs in to a container that can be enabled with a radio button based on the user's selection. 

See this designer discussion for an example : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Radio-button-enable-disable-container/...