Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Usage Reports For Macros

snamburu
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All,

We are building lot of in-house macros and looking for an option if it is possible to get some kind of usage reports on this meaning as an admin I want to know who are all using our macros.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Sri

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @snamburu 

Where are the macros being used? If they are on Designer on users machines I would recommend to look at enabling the "phonehome" feature. This will give you all the data you would need to know what users are using what tools and how often. 

Another option is to put a tracer in the macros that sends a simple single line log to a file or db table each time someone runs it. This is an easy way but sometimes won't give you all the info you might be looking for. 

Lastly you can parse out the workflows from the MongoDb to see where users published workflows with your macros in them. 

Hopefully that helps

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
snamburu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply. 

Option 1 is definitely ruled out since that is an individual change on the designer side.

I will look into Option 2& 3.

Thanks,

Sri