Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Uploading data to a workflow in Alteryx gallery

Esko
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have been trying to create a workflow to the Alteryx server that would give the option for a user to input data to the workflow from the gallery interface. e.g a simple workflow that would convert a .csv file to an excel file or something similar, but a user could drop down their own file into the flow and then receive an output. 

I'm pretty sure that there's a functionality like this in the gallery, but I haven't been able to find it even after some serious googling. To be more precise, I've been made to believe that it has something to with how the input is constructed in the workflow itself, and not a setting in the gallery. Could someone point me in the right direction with this?

2 REPLIES 2
porter_samu
6 - Meteoroid

@Esko it sounds like Interface tools will help you solve this problem! Try looking at the File Browse tool. This will allow you to build an Analytic App that you can upload to the server and have users input data their own data from there. 

Let me know if this helps!

Esko
6 - Meteoroid

Hi and thank you! Getting familiar with the interface tools as per your advice helped and I was able to create the workflow!