Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Upload to Alteryx Gallery fails

SonjaLeuthner
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

We use the Alteryx Gallery for some weeks now and sometimes we have the following problem uploading a workflow (please also take a look on the attached .png):

We often use the "Data Cleansing"-Tool within a workflow.

When we try to upload a workflow with this tool included and go to point "Workflow-Ressources", we always see "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Alteryx\RuntimeData\Macros\Cleanse.yxmc

With this Ressource it's not possible to upload the workflow.

As an Alteryx-App on the Desktop the Workflow works...

I think, this is a problem concerned with the "Data Cleasing"-Tool. Could this be possible?

How can we solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @SonjaLeuthner 

You dont need to worry about that tool being included when you load to the gallery.

The gallery has a version of that tool which it will reference correctly.

SonjaLeuthner
6 - Meteoroid

okay, if this tool is not the problem, why do I have a path C:\xxxxxx within my ressources for upload?

And this is the problem that doesn't allow the workflow to run in the gallery.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

The Data Cleanse "tool" is actually a macro that exists in your C Users folder as you have the non-admin install of Alteryx.

The server will have an admin version installed within program files (or another directory as it is configurable on installation).

As the data cleanse macro  is part of the standard installation it shouldn't be causing any issues.

When you say it isn't allowed to run in the gallery, what's the error that you are getting?

SonjaLeuthner
6 - Meteoroid

This message attached is shown in the gallery when I want to run the workflow.

SonjaLeuthner
6 - Meteoroid

Additional to my message before:

I just updated my workflow with some help of a colleague.

Now the Workflow starts in the gallery (so the first message doesn't appear) but it shows another error message as attached:

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SonjaLeuthner 

It looks like your issue may be related to this: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-the-quot-FormatExcept...

Could you look to see if you or a colleague can change these settings on the server to see?

AJuliet101
7 - Meteor

Hi @JoeS,

I understand the logic of Data Cleansing which is Macro as you also said and I went through the steps which doesn't make any sense as Alteryx has already fixed it and it is showing comma(,) in the Decimal Grouping Symbol.

That step is no required in that case.

Can you please help me fixing the same?

Do you suggest installing the admin version of Alteryx will work? Please suggest.

If not then what could be the possible fix of this issue?

Thanks & Regard,

AJuliet101

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @AJuliet101 

I'd recommend you raise a request with support through the case portal on this if you have made sure the parts on the knowledge base have been followed.

If you are getting the same error as above please send them through your version and a screenshot. They'll be best to advise you on the next steps.