Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Upgrading Alteryx Server

gabriellalio
6 - Meteoroid

Hello need some help understanding what happens when we upgrade the Server.

We had installed the Server version 2018.2  a while ago, and no one used it. There are no workflows saved. There are a couple user accounts we created as testing, but those don't need to stay. We have decided to make it come back to life, and we just want to upgrade to 2019.3 and keep all our configuration settings as it is running smoothly and everything is already set up. All our users using Designer are on 2019.3 and we read that they should be on the same version (designer and server) hence why we are upgrading.

When we download the new 2019.3 version and do the install, will all the configuration server system settings remain? Or is this something we will have to document and set up all over again?

3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @gabriellalio,

Going for the new installer means on a server where Alteryx Server product is already installed will perform an upgrade of the software. 

The system settings and content of your Alteryx Server will remain intact.

I would still suggest that you do a backup of your server machine and check the setup/content after the upgrade.

Cheers,

david

David Matyas
Sales Engineer
Alteryx
gabriellalio
6 - Meteoroid

Awesome! We got it working thank you. Everything went smoothly on the upgrade, the only thing that isn't working correctly is the Data Connections tab. It is completely empty and I know that you should be able to add new data connections as an admin. Every other tab is working properly...any idea what could be causing this?

gabriellalio_0-1575564948706.png

All other tabs give me the ability to add new like below, but the Data Connections one is just blank 😕

gabriellalio_1-1575564994583.png

gabriellalio
6 - Meteoroid

Never mind...resolved this. It was a browser issue. Wouldn't work on chrome but is working perfectly in internet explorer.