Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Updated Alteryx server with Predictive tools 4.1.3 but R tool keeps erroring

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

So last year we updated Alteryx (designer and server) to Alteryx 2022.1. all went well execpt that now we are experiencing some issues with the R-package.

A couple of users who uses designer told me that the experiencing  some weird behavior when running there predictive workflows.

when they run the workflows in designer by pushing the run button the workflow works NO ERROR.

when they schedule that same workflow it errors straight away with the error messages

Error: The R version "4.1.3" is not installed on this system.

I looked into this and got the same error only when dragging the developer --> R-tool on to the canvas.

the strange thing is, according to windows Apps & Features there only exists 1 program called Alteryx predictive tools (see screenshot).

MartWClimber_0-1672651150415.png

For what I've read here on the forums the version number should be the same as the version number installed on the machine. but it looks like it isn't.

is there a way to fix this to upgrade the R-tool to the current 4.1.3 version without doing an entire server upgrade.

so is it possible to upgrade only the R program form 4.0.5 to 4.1.3?

MartWClimber_1-1672651294498.png

7 REPLIES 7
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

On the Server machine, when you go to \Program Files\Alteryx\R-4.1.3\bin you see the R folder name 4.1.3? When you run the R.exe in it, you see the version number 4.1.3? You can download an install the R package separately on the Server the same way you'd do for Designer. Go to licenses.alteryx.com, download the 2022.1 version of the Alteryx Predictive Tools (Admin version) and install it on the Server.

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

@gabrielvilella Thx for the response.

I've checked the folders for where the designer is installed and I noticed something odd.

in the first screenshot I see the bin folder for the designer machine.

MartWClimber_0-1672738836228.png

if I go to the same folder on the server machine I see the following (there is no bin folder)

MartWClimber_1-1672738993194.png

but what I find odd is that Alteryx is saying that version R 4.0.5 is installed 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Do you have Alteryx Server installed on the C drive? You can see this when you open System Setting and Global Workspace.

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

@gabrielvilella yes, the server is installed on the C-drive at C:\ProgramData\Alteryx 

within this folder there are a couple of sub folders.

one of the folders is called R library. but when opening up this folder it is completly empty (see screenshot 2) 

i've also check hidden files

MartWClimber_0-1673350939568.png

MartWClimber_1-1673351028603.png

so because this is empty the R-tool in the developer tab (designer) doesn't run in the scheduler and server?

if so how and why is it giving me an error about not having the right version

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I would remove and reinstall the R package. It seems that it did not install properly. 

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

@gabrielvilella, is there a help page I can look at to make sure it will install correctly this time?

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar