Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Update workflow and drop down tool on gallery

EliseLam
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I built and published an application on my company's gallery and has a problem when i update my input data.

I've got an input file with one column named 'Periode' and ask to the user to filter on this column. Everything is okay until I update my input file which has different values for 'Periode'.

Sans titre3.png

When I just replace my input file (with the same name and same directory), the user's choice on the gallery stays the same!

Sans titre.png

I find a solution to update my filter which is to download my workflow, juste run it and save on my company's gallery, but it's not really convenient to do this at each input file updates. 

I can't put my workflow here, but i share you an image to show you the part of my workflow :

Sans titre2.png

Anybody has already face this problem? Or anybody has solution or beginning of solutions? 

Thanks

Elise

2 REPLIES 2
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@EliseLam,

Background:

When executing an application, the GUI dropdown is setup before any Alteryx process begins.  What I'm trying to say is that your input file isn't read yet.

Potential Solution(s):

• The input file is a yxdb dataset.  That means that an Alteryx workflow created the file.  If you control that workflow, you can add another output file that is the dropdown options (Name and value pairing).  If you save that file to a UNC filepath on a shared drive, Alteryx can read it when starting the workflow.  The dropdown list reads the new yxdb and will see the new periode values.
  • If you do not have control over the input file, you can use a chained application and cause the first application to read the input file and generate the same said yxdb file of options and call the next application.  The next application will be setup to read the external file (the same way as the first solution option) and you'll see the new periods.

Hopefully this makes sense.  Please let the community know otherwise and I or someone will help further.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
EliseLam
5 - Atom

Hello!

Thanks for your answer, I control the first workflow so I used your first option and it's running perfectly!

Thanks a lot!

Elise