Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unit testing Server Workflows

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

Im about to complete a server upgrade and trying to find out if there are any automated process for unit testing my workflows/apps still work. The upgrade process would include server migration and run as user changes as well, so any process that would allow for accessing a full list of published workflows, fill in some default parameters where needed and get a result log for each workflow that has run would be really useful.

1 REPLY 1
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @paul_houghton,

I am not sure if you are still working on the server upgrade or planning another one. You can parse the workflow logs to check for aliases and parameters. The best way is to fire up another server with a temp licenses and run a dual test. We normally do this to ensure everything is working properly.

There is a difference between the scheduled workflows and workflows published to the Gallery. I am not sure there is a way to capture all of these.