Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unhelpful gallery error explanation

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I have a workflow that runs nicely on my laptop, but when I push it to the gallery it chugs along for about ten minutes, then eventually I get a generic error: "unknown error".

unknown error.PNG

Is there a way to get a more descriptive error? I've tried running it a few times and it seems to error at different points along the way, sometimes it outputs 10 files (of ~100), sometimes it gets to 60.

I've tried downloading the workflow from the gallery directly to the AWS server, and when I run it in designer on the server it gets part way through and alteryx crashes?

alteryx error.png

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
StephenMack
10 - Fireball

When I hit "close program" designer stays open, but is no longer running. One errors shows:

Error: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe::ReadFile: Not enough bytes read. The pipe has been ended.

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @StephenMack,

Feel free to send me this info directly if you don't want to post it to the board, but it would likely be helpful to see any engine logs (you can find the location in the Alteryx System Settings) for this particular run from your server (if possible) as well as any logs from your ErrorLogs folder (C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\ErrorLogs) on the machine you received the crash on for additional review.

I also notice you're running 11.0.3 per your error message listed in your screenshot. A few crash issues were corrected in later versions of Alteryx. If you're not able to upgrade to a newer 11.x version, you may consider at least upgrading to 11.0.6 to help with some of the known crash issues in 11.0.3, which does not change the Alteryx Document version in your workflows. More on those changes and downloads here:

http://downloads.alteryx.com/changes.html

Thanks!

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx