Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to translate alias when a workflow is called from conditional runner on Gallery

sayali_mannur
5 - Atom

Hi,

Apologies if this question is already answered!

To give some background, Admin has created a Data Connection(DC) on Gallery and shared with me.

If I use the DC in normal workflow it is working fine on gallery. However when I call the same workflow within a conditional runner and upload it on gallery, I get the error Unable to translate Alias.

Can anyone please redirect me to correct way.

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sayali_mannur ,

I've checked some posts and it seems to be a bug, but there is a workaround, I think.

Here in this post, @patrick_digan talks about it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Macro-unable-to-translate-alias/td-p/6....

When I try it, if the macro containing the data connection is not in the same directory as the parent module, it fails to package the data connection properly (because it tries to adjust the path as if the data connection was a file).  If I have the macro in the same directory as the parent, it works, but in that case I can’t put it in the common macro directory, which is the only way I know to get it to work on the gallery if you don’t package the macro.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino