Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to run python tool in private gallery

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am trying to run a WFL having python tool in it on my private Alteryx gallery. But whenever I tried to publish it to the Gallery with "validate workflow then save" checkbox checked then I am getting "there is no valid metadata for the outgoing connection 1. Run the Workflow to generate the correct metadata" error in python tool. So, I tried to publish and run it on gallery after unchecking that checkbox, that time it threw below error. Could you please assist on this? Thanks!

RuchikaMangla_0-1581862154694.png

8 REPLIES 8
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @RuchikaMangla,

After checking this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Python-tool-could-not-create-a-job-to-ma...

It seems it could be related to a permission problem

Regards

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

HI, Thanks for your reply!

Could you please guide its related to drive permission issue where python is installed is gallery issue?

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

Just want to add one thing, this error I am getting on my private gallery but on Alteryx Designer same WFL is running successfully.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @RuchikaMangla,

If you have a sandbox or a place (any other gallery) to do some testing I would recommend you to right click on the gallery and run it as an administrator to see if this would solve the problem.

Regards

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

HI @afv2688 

I am able to run python tool on designer installed on my server machine, it is working fine without any error. So, this is happening only when I try to run on gallery. And on gallery also, I am running it as an admin but still facing the problem.

Thanks!

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @RuchikaMangla was you able to get the solution for this? I am facing same error. My workflow with python code is sunning fine on designer but not working on server. Thank you.

RuchikaMangla
8 - Asteroid

hi @Inactive User 

I was able to resolve after changing login credentails for Alteryx service. please perform below steps and let me know if it helps, thanks!

1. try to set AYX Service Log in credentails as yours

2. and in Alteryx settings - select Use Default Credentials

Inactive User
Not applicable

Still no luck... ☹️

I cant change Alteryx server credentials to mine...it doesn't allow me.   I observed that Python code is getting triggered but its unable to execute cell which contains chromedriver.exe file path.