Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Two schedules of same workflow with different variables?

CatheyH
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I currently run a scheduled workflow every week that pulls in the last 4 weeks of data.

I also schedule an identical workflow every month that pulls in the last 16 weeks of data.

The only difference is the input of 4 or 16 weeks.

Is there a way of using a single workflow? (I don't fancy having to keep two complex workflows synchronised)

It would be great if there was a field in the scheduler that could get passed to the workflow (does this already exist???)

The only way I can think of is to have a  test to see if it is the 1st of the month or what day it is, but that is dependent on no-one changing the schedule.

Cathey

2 REPLIES 2
CatheyH
8 - Asteroid

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/Schedule-Gallery-App-with-ability-to-insert-va...

My bad - it has been raised and accepted here in 2018 but with no further updates 😞

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @CatheyH ,

how about using some time of conditions to set up the retrieval automatically? Meaning if you would get the 16 week report always at the end of the month for example, you could look for the last friday of the month (given that is the case) and tell the app that if it meets that condition to retrieve 16 weeks of data, otherwise get only last 4.

DateTimeStart() function would be perfect to get the date of run.

Regards