Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Too many posts were made to a semaphore

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I have two workflows -- BD Data Trade and FileUpload.  The BD Data Trade workflow creates a bunch of Excel files and saves them to a shared drive.  The FileUpload takes those files and uploads them to a Microsoft File Share site.  The workflows work fine on my desktop.  I need them to run from Gallery on a schedule.  To make that happen, I have added an Event to BD Data Trade to "After Run Without Errors" run the FIleUpload workflow.  I keep getting the error: Too many posts were made to a semaphore.  

I have tried configuring/saving FileUpload to both a) a folder in our shared drive that Alteryx server has access to, as well as the folder location specified in Alteryx server  in the system settings, control, persistance.  

Error running Event #2: The external program "C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\AlteryxEngineCmd.exe" returned an error code: 1: Too many posts were made to a semaphore. (298).

I've also considered trying to create a bat file but the community links to posts on how to do this are broken.    I have also tried chaining apps, but that doesn't work with the scheduler.  I just want the completion of one workflow to trigger another workflow.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @FreeRangeDingo ,

A suggestion is for you to use the runner and the conditional runner from the great @MarqueeCrew. These tools give you the ability to run workflow after another. 

Download the macro package: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

More about both tools: http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/2014/09/blog-macro-pack-2014-q3-release.html

A workaround also is for you to pack your second workflow inside a batch macro and to put it last in your first workflow.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I wound up using a runner to start the main workflow and then a conditional runner to kick off the second one.  I was never able to get the event to run the second workflow via command line.