Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Tagging and District in Alteryx

tvo42
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Community, 

I have a question about using Tags with District in the Gallery. 

I have created a new District and selected the Tag which I would like to associate with the particular District and activated the District to ON. 

Within my Collection, I have chosen a particular Workflow and tag it the appropriate tag so that it align with the tagging I have chose for the District setup. 

However, when I am in the District view, I can see the newly created district and  was expecting the Workflow with the tagging I have placed to appear at the bottom but instead, I am getting this msg - 'There are no workflows that fit the search criteria' 

Please tell me what I am doing wrong. 

Thank you. 

District Snapshot2.PNGWorkflow.PNGDistrict Snapshot.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@tvo42 ,

For workflows to be available in Districts, they must be first shared to your Gallery (as in the area on the Home page).  That means that anyone accessing the Gallery can see them.  Districts are used for organizing workflows that are available to everyone into Folder like areas (sort of like google mail).  

To share a workflow to your Home area, you select the workflow, go to Sharing and choose Place In "name of your gallery" Gallery.  Once this is done, the workflow will show up in your District.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Maureen

tvo42
5 - Atom

Thank you Dynamomo for your response. Yes, the workflow was indeed shared to a collection and user can access it. I don't think that is the problem. 

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@tvo42 

I did not say shared in a collection.... You can share a workflow in a collection to someone and NOT have that workflow be available publicly on the Home page.

Please follow my directions and you will be able to see it in the District

Go to the workflow in your studio, click on Sharing and select Place in "name of your gallery" Gallery as shown in image below.  Once this is shared to your Home page, it will show up in your District.

clipboard_image_0.png