Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Swagger API Docs without a configured URL

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello,

I am working on an Alteryx Server (22.1) that has been installed without defining the gallery or API URLs (like the picture below). What is the best way to navigate the Swagger API documentation in instances where this is configured as such. It works fine from the machine the server is installed on but if anyone wants to test (or even use) the API outside of there, we are having all sorts of issues. We don't have a plan to setup a URL for the machine but were curious if that will be the only way to use the APIs outside of the server.

I borrowed this pic from this link: https://help.alteryx.com/20214/server/access-server-api-v3

APICONFIG.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Treyson - You can navigate to the Swagger and to the Gallery simply replacing "localhost" with your Server machine IP address. The problem though in this scenario is that users who are not on the Server machine will not be able to authenticate on the Swagger, as OAuth2.0 will still try to get token from the localhost:

ArtApa_0-1664770556653.png

Therefore, you probably still want to change Web API address in the settings to include IP address. 

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@ArtApa That's what I was worried about. Thanks for letting me know!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer