Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Subscriptions - or is there an easy way to give permissions to others?

Hanspeter
7 - Meteor

I would like my colleague to be able to access and change all my workflows on the Server (2020.4). It seems I can only assign 1 person to each subscription. What I can do is share a workflow in a collection - since I have many workflows do I have to add each WF manually to the collection? What I tried is to add the subscription to the collection which actually works but my colleague was not able to retrieve a WF which was not explicitly shared in advance in the collection. I want to make sure that ALL my workflows are accessible to my colleague...

6 REPLIES 6
UgoAgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Hanspeter,

adding the subscription to a collection only gives permissions for that subscription member to access the collection, it does not bring the subscription workflows into the collection.

To share specific workflows, you would need to add these workflows manually to your collection and then give permissions to users or subscriptions to the collection

I hope this answers your question

Thanks

Ago Ugo

Alteryx Support

Hanspeter
7 - Meteor

Thank you, @UgoAgo . It answers my question. Would be great to have a more automatic way of sharing permissions, let's say to a group of developers. but I might add this request to the "ideas" section.

UgoAgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Hanspeter 

we do have a way to do this.

You can create a custom Group for your developers and attach them to this group

If you already have a developer's AD Group, you can also share the collections with this group

UgoAgo_0-1628522376203.png

Hanspeter
7 - Meteor

okay, that sounds like the perfect way for our team to do it. I was not aware of this possibility...

Hanspeter
7 - Meteor

@UgoAgo : is it possible that in older versions the 'group' functionality had not been introduced? I wanted to create a group according your suggestion but I only have the option to add 'users', no groups. Our server is 2020.2.

AlteryxUseradmin.png

UgoAgo
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Hanspeter 

Yes, in older versions, that might not be there.

but you can check if the users' section can pull in your AD Group in your current version