Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Specific personnel access

terrellchong
8 - Asteroid

Correct my understanding if I am wrong

If let say I have a alteryx server, and I already developed a workflow for everyone in my company to use it, will alteryx being able to do that?

terrellchong_0-1645111475343.png

And lets say this workflow can be used by person A and person B, but person A/B will not share their information across each other. Is alteryx server able to provide that? Or person A and B in the firm have to have alteryx license in order to use my workflow in order to prevent data sharing between them? (As I afraid that Alteryx can only get input from one folder, and that folder has to be public)

Do let me know if I am explaining a little bit too confusing, I will elaborate as much as I could.

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @terrellchong 

Alteryx Server gallery has 3 options

1. Private gallery: only the developer who published the specific workflow can see the workflow

2. Collection: only people given access to collection can access the workflow

3. Public: everyone having access to the server gallery can access the workflow

Hope this helps : )

terrellchong
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 , 

with that said, does that mean everyone in the company have to have an alteryx license?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @terrellchong 

The answer is no only developer needs to have access to a licence others just use the Alteryx gallery web portal which requires a single server licence to setup but no extra license for the end-users. N number of users without licence can use the Alteryx gallery.

Hope this helps : )