Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Spatial tool_『Mapserver Error』

tntner
7 - Meteor

Spatial tool_『Mapserver Error』

Hi, the time is passing really fast nowadays 😞

I am doing a GIS analysis and having a problem with the 『Mapserver Error』

Actually, this phenomenon has appeared since I formatted the computer.

All Spatial Tool is working; however, when I am trying to browse,

1. the message 『cannot open Fonset』 appears

2. and the Browser continues Rendering the map

20190625_093254.png

In order to solve the problem, I have gone through the lists of following steps.

1. Reinstall the Alteryx

2. Go through the similar problem that had been solved

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Fix-MapServer-Error-AGG-error-loading-font/t...

3. Bring the Fontset from the other computer and past it on to my Window Fontset

However, none of the solutions solved the problem yet 😞

I am suffering from this problem.

Please somebody help me~

Have a nice day!

7 REPLIES 7
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Does this error occur when you attempt to browse any spatial object, or only the the shape file shown? Could you use the Map Input tool to create something new in Designer and see if you're able to browse the results?

tntner
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the reply.

Spatial Tool is working but only for the steps before the map-browse.

As you mentioned, the Map-input also shows the error with the sign, unable to browse the map.

To summarize, Spatial Tool itself is working; however, the final step browse ends with error 😞

Thank you for the reply

Xin_1
5 - Atom

Hello, I met the same problem. Did you solve that? 

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

@tntner 

@CharlieS  Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I am having the same problem. Thanks

S

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@StellaBon 

There was a question from my original post that is an important step in troubleshooting: Does this occur with any spatial object or just certain ones? Can you use the Map Input tool to draw a point or polygon, add a browse tool, then view that object from the browse tool? 

If so, can you change the base layer of the map and receive the same error? (the base layer is the map image under your spatial objects. it could be "none", or "Alteryx Light" or another installed layer). 

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

@CharlieS It was with any spatial obj and the map layer didn't change it. I closed designer and restarted and it fixed but I was hoping to be able to fix it without closing if that happens while I'm taking an exam or in the middle of a workday. Just curious really and I was surprised there were so few people that encountered this issue.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It's unfortunate you ran into this, but at least you were able to resolve it by restarting the application. It might be worth reporting this to Alteryx and potentially re-installing Designer (or a newer version) in case it's been addressed already. 

Good luck on your exam!