Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Socializing Alteryx Server in an organization

afinzerillo
8 - Asteroid

Has anyone had to socialize the presence of an Alteryx Server in their organization?  We are wanting to ween users from designer to server if they only need to run workflows.  Looking for examples of how to write it up to non-IT folks.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @afinzerillo,

Depending on the organization there are many cases for what you are looking for. A big example for it would be the promote case, where BI departments create models and upload them for the users to run them and have their results in real time on their machines.

Another big case would be in reporting, where you have to run the same report many times, (or at least with the same structure). People would need only to be able to upload the data input (mappings if necessary) or whatever any other data you would need to run it. Alteryx would then process the report and give you the final results, without having to code or needing a designer license to do it.

Regards

afinzerillo
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afv2688,

Thanks for the reply.  I understand the use cases.

What I am looking for is documentation from Alteryx with this information in a format for non-IT folks.  And, instructions for the non-IT designer that describes the Gallery, workflow dependencies, and publishing workflows in plain English.  Currently, I am having to write my own documentation showing folks how to make sure they are using UNC paths in their workflows so that they run properly from Gallery. And how to manage assets in the workflow when saving to Gallery.  I also had to create a document that described what a Gallery is and how it works by cobbling together different sources on the Alteryx site.

Surely I'm not the first person to deploy Alteryx Server.  So, I was hoping to find some good documents from Alteryx.

Thanks!

Andy

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @afinzerillo,

You can check the recap sessions from the last inspire on the following link:

https://www.alteryx.com/inspire-2019/recap

There may be something interesting for you to use.

Regards