Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Single Alteryx Cloud Server to be used by two different teams which use alteryx designer

Ameya
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

We are two teams operating from different locations currently using Alteryx designer instance on separate servers.

We want to use scheduling functionality on a single server where both teams can deploy their workflows. 

So, I have 3 questions:

1. Is it feasible to use a single Alteryx Server Instance where both teams can deploy their workflows in a partitioned way?

2. Can we schedule multiple workflows? For ex: We will schedule around 20 workflows at same time.

If yes, What should be the processing capabilities required?

2 REPLIES 2
BTran
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Ameya!

1. Is it feasible to use a single Alteryx Server Instance where both teams can deploy their workflows in a partitioned way?

Yes, it is! I'd recommend into looking into Gallery's "Studios" and the permissions and access that can be granted through them.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Gallery-Series-The-Lay-of-the...

2. Can we schedule multiple workflows? For ex: We will schedule around 20 workflows at same time.

You are able to schedule different workflows, and they can be run simultaneously. But I would not recommend running 20 simultaneously. Our soft-recommendation is to only run (The number of logical cores on your server / 2). So if your server deployment has 8 cores, we'd only recommend running 4 simultaneously.

Below is a more comprehensive resource on scaling your deployment appropriately. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Considerations-for-Scaling-Alteryx-Server/ba-p/19...

Let me know if that answers your question!

Ameya
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @BTran for your prompt response.It was helpful.