Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Show Browse on Alteryx Server

Tienemientje
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I didn't find a recent topic on this, so I wanted to see if there is already a possibility to show the result of a browse tool on the Alteryx Server?

So I want to show a small overview table and then the possibility to export an excel file with the details on different tabs.

I can do the excel part, but I don't succeed in showing the overview table directly on screen.

I remember something similar when you run your flow as an app in Designer, but I'm looking for something similar on the server.

Anyone any tips and tricks?  

Kind regards, Tienemientje

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tienemientje - Try Output Data tool configured to write your result into yxdb. You will then see a sample of your output on the Gallery:

ArtApa_0-1646779663937.png

Tienemientje
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @ArtApa , exactly what I wanted.  

Related to this, do you perhaps know if it is possible to change the order of the output files?

What I have now is that I get my excel listed first and this db listed second.  And so it doesn't show this immediately.

My end user should see this overview and then be able to select/download the excel file.  

I found some old requests to add this as functionality, but I didn't manage to find out if it is already possible.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@ArtApa 

Wow this is amazing I didn't know about this 🙂

Thank you for the knowledge share 🙂

MartinF
5 - Atom

Hi @Tienemientje,

I don't know if it is still relevant and how your workflow is build in detail, but with the  Block Until Done Tool may help your purpose.