Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Sharing a workflow to a collection Sever 2020.1?

Soxfaninfl
8 - Asteroid

My department just upgraded to Server 2020.1 last week from 2019.3, and we noticed that a Artisan can no longer share a workflow to a collection the previous way (screen shot below)? I even turned on the feature for them to be able to create a collection, but this didn't seem to alleviate the issue. How do I enable this feature for an Artisan? I am Curator, so "add to a collection" is still available to me but not for Artisan's.

Collections.jpg

Is this the only way a Artisan can share to a collection now?  Please advise.

mackedet_0-1596200618974.png

3 REPLIES 3
ScottE
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Soxfaninfl as Curator you'll need to go into the admin settings and update that person's user profile to allow them to create collections. We've added a number of additional toggles to the user profile.  Once updated they'll be able to add to collections the same way as previous versions. 

ScottE_1-1596209944891.png

Soxfaninfl
8 - Asteroid

The question pertained to the process of sharing a workflow to a collection for an Artisan. We noticed it didn't change for a Curator, but it did for a Artisan. We wanted confirm that this is the only way an Artisan can now share a workflow in a collection?

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

@ScottE If a user already has Create Collections enabled prior to 2020.1, does upgrading to 2020.1 revert that and Curators have to manually reset all the users who initially created collections? Does this persist in 2020.2.3? Just trying to prepare for all the defects as we plan to upgrade from 2019.4 to the latest version soon.