Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Sharepoint tools wont install on Server

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

We are trying to install the SharePoint tool on our Alteryx server but it doesn't work - no error messages, seems to run but doesn't install the tools.  I'm not sure what to try, I'm not actually the Server Admin so its another team that runs the install for me on the server.  I have it installed on my laptop with no issues, I'm on 2022.1.30961, I'm sure the server is also on 2022.1.xxx somthing

4 REPLIES 4
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You need admin privileges. Open Designer as admin on the Server and then run the installer. You should see the option to install for all users. 

craigja
8 - Asteroid

I think he did that but I will double check...

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @craigja 

In order to utilize the same SP tool, it will need to be installed on the Server machine. Following the steps below will ensure the tool is installed properly.

1) Run Designer as admin on Server machine

2) Click File top left in designer

3) Click Open workflow

4) Browse to the .yxi file to install the tool for all users.

Below are the directories for the tool installation:

Client machine (non admin install) - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Tools

Server Machine (Admin install) - C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Tools

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

craigja
8 - Asteroid

That worked - Now getting an error and I suspect I know what it is but will open a new question as the tools are installed on the server now