Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Set the output path in Alteryx Server

RichardAlt
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm done with my workflow. It is working well on my local.

Now in my workflow, I have Formula Tool to output each User Group to Template.

RichardAlt_0-1598586688952.png

Every User Group has a template.

For Example, If I have data for PHBU it will save to PHBU Template and so on. 

RichardAlt_1-1598586880523.png

This is a sample of my User Group Folder.

Now the problem is when I try to save this workflow to our Alteryx Server. Yes, It successfully saves but when I try to run. It only downloads 1 template and the rest user group I don't know where to find.

I want is set the path to our Alteryx Server, Like what I did in my workflow locally. 

How can I do that? Thank you!

Sorry, I posted it to the Designer Discussion.

2 REPLIES 2
hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

If I'm reading your pictures correct, it probably went to the C: drive of the server it ran on. Always use unc reference like \\server\directory... when running from gallery. Also make sure the gallery credentials have permission to access that file location.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @RichardAlt ,

@hroderick-thr  is correct. You can also attach the ouput as an asset if you want to download it from the Gallery. It will create temp files that way, so you really want to think about whether this is an adhoc run where you want the user to have quick access and then slate for possible deletion (Save as an asset with the workflow) or are these files you want to keep or push to a location where others can access without having to use the server (route via UNC pathing linked to a shared location between you and the server).