Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Set Workflow Results for workflows in Collections visible to all users in Collections

firzencng
5 - Atom

My colleagues added their workflows to a Collection in the Alteryx Server Gallery. When I ran those workflows, I couldn't see the results of the run. Only the owner of the workflows can see the results. Is there a setting to enable all of the users in the Collections to see the workflow results?

12 REPLIES 12
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @firzencng, there is an option under the workflow settings to enable others to view the workflow history. I believe that is what you are looking for.

gabrielvilella_0-1642096409100.png

firzencng
5 - Atom

Hi @gabrielvilella , thanks for your reply.

But this option only allows others to view the workflow history, instead of the run history.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hey @firzencng, I did some testing here and there are two ways of others having acess to workflow results. One is if you share the scheduling in the Collection, users from this Collection will be able to see the results. Another way is if you have multiple users within the same studio, then other users from that studio will be able to see the schedules and their results. It is important to point out that users will be able to see results only for jobs that ran after one these changes were made, it will not apply to past run jobs. Also, manual runs will not be shared. 

firzencng
5 - Atom

Hi @gabrielvilella, thanks for your testing. What we want is to see the results from manual runs. Guess this is not possible right now.

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @gabrielvilella, I have created a collection and added the workflow and schedule to this collection and then added users to this collection. However, the user is still unable to view the run history of the workflow. Note: these are scheduled runs.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

What version of Server are you running?

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

We are on version 2021.3

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

They way studios work was changed in version 2021.4. I tested this on version 2022.1. Version 2021.3 might only allow to see past results from the same studio, not from the same collection.

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible at all then for users to see the run history of workflows in this version?