Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Set Static Path in Alteryx Gallery

Stavi
7 - Meteor

Hey guys,

I really need your help on a specific issue.

When I upload any flow to the Gallery, the input\output's path automatically changes to "_external".
I am sure I'm not the first one to try to set  a static folder path... 
Does anyone know how I can do it?

Thanks in advance !

Stavi_2-1660809953830.png

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Have you been exporting your workflow until now? As this will bundle all of the workflow assets together (with things like macros/inputs etc in an externals folder), and Alteryx will automatically switch to reference that instead. If your gallery has access to a shared drive and you know where everything ought to point towards then you can simply just save the workflow and this will retain the absolute paths for workflow assets - there's a more comprehensive explanation here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Avoid-getting-quot-external-1-quot-wh...

Stavi
7 - Meteor

Hey @DataNath 

Thank you ! but this is not accurate. When I save my flow without any assets checked, the paths are indeed saved but I get "Cannot access the folder" error for every input and output

(2 inputs, 2 outputs, 4 errors in total - I get the error both while uploading and while running the uploaded file in the Gallery)

Important to mention that this is a shared Google drive, not a local "desktop" folder.

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Stavi if you're getting that error then I'd imagine it's because your server machine isn't able to access the G Drive. Because of the setup I think this is a bit trickier that a OneDrive etc but looks like others have managed to crack it: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Connecting-to-Google-Drive-Files-in-Alte...

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Externals is the subdirectory of the path which is created when your workflow is run. It is for packaged assets and is crucial for any dependencies which are not mapped to a location Server can access.

The key part is "location Server can access"

For a mapped G drive - you would need this mapped ON SERVER - not on your local drive. Are you the Server admin? If not - you'd have to check with them on how to access G Drive and how to map it to Server. This probably requires a specific Google Service Account for your Server machine.