Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Server running scheduled jobs that are NOT in the Gallery

Paul_Holden
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx Server 2018.3

I am in the process of upgrading our Alteryx Server from 2018.3 to 2020.4 and I have been conducting a review of all of the Gallery content in order to clear out any "dead wood".

During this process I've identified a number of Workflows that are running on our server where neither the Workflow nor the Schedule that it is running against are in the Gallery.

The Schedules do not appear in the Scheduled Workflows list. The Workflows do not show up when I run a search in the Workflows admin page.

I can see from the log files that the workflows are located on network shares.

I can see form the MongoDB AS_Schedules collection that Schedule records exist - which is why (I presume) that the workflows are running at all.

Can someone please assist with the following:

How can I identify them? (I have access to MongoDB Compass)

How can I manage - specifically how do I remove - these Schedules?

How were the users able to set up these schedules? (I would like to prevent this from happening again in the future.)

Regards,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Paul_Holden There is still an old method of using a controller token to schedule jobs.

How can I identify them? (I have access to MongoDB Compass) I would use the above link to connect your designer to the alteryx server via the scheduler token. In designer, you can go to options >> view schedules. Once you're connected via the token, you can view schedules:

patrick_digan_0-1619540855795.png

How can I manage - specifically how do I remove - these Schedules? In the above screen, you would click on the workflow name and then hit the delete icon at the top. I don't recall if there is any warning, deleting may be immediate and permanent.

How were the users able to set up these schedules? (I would like to prevent this from happening again in the future.) Many years ago, the scheduler token was the only way to schedule jobs on the gallery. Once you delete the schedules, you could regenerate the controller token and that should prevent any future folks from setting up schedules (I've never actually tried this). Note that the schedules tab has a scheduled by field which should let you know who has schedules running. 

Paul_Holden
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan  thanks.

I have actually been in there before, not using a controller token but running Designer directly on the server. We had a couple of devs who had that access at one point and I had to go and tidy up what they had done and move it to the Gallery.

What I didn't realise is that you could also add items from a client desktop.

It does also mean that you can actually see them in the Gallery if you look on the Migrate tab (at least you can in 2018.3).

Paul_Holden_0-1619551725760.png

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.