Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Server and Gallery on different Machines

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Is it possible to keep the Alteryx Server on a Machine, and the Gallery of this server, on another machine?

If so, is this usual? Or it would reduce performance?

Will I need 2 licenses for this?

Kind Regards,

Tanai

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Tanai_Goncalves ,

It is usual, but the most frequent one is to scale out the worker node to another machine since it is the one responsible for running workflows. For the gallery node, it is more regular to scale out when you have a lot of users, but in a way that you will have 2 gallery nodes and a load balancer helping you redirect the requests to the least used node.

All the scaling options help to improve the overall server performance.

Here you can see all the reasons for scaling and architecture examples of what that looks likes.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Considerations-for-Scaling-Alteryx-Server/ba-p/19750

To my knowledge, every time you scale out your server, you need to buy another license. For pricing and more detailed information, I suggest you contacting your partner to discuss all the possibilities.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Tanai_Goncalves
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @fmvizcaino,

This is exactly what I needed to know.

Regards,

Tanai