Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Server Staging - Old Files

mieszczak
7 - Meteor

hello, 

I'm beginning a clean up process on our server and noticed there are a ton of old files sitting out in \ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\

going all the way back a few years. 

Is it safe to delete old files here without impacting performance of the engine/gallery? 

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

If you actually set your persistence settings in the server configuration it will handle this for you 🙂 I normally wouldn't delete anything, you could zip up everything over say a year and offload it somewhere if you have to but again best route is to set your persistence settings. 

joshuaburkhow_6-1579744982948.png

If this solves your issue please make sure to mark solved so that others in the community can get to this 🙂 

Thanks

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
biswajit2020
5 - Atom

\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging  , these files are different . there is no setting check box to delete these temp file.

You have given setting for persistence files and to delete automatically there we can set as per choice.

Thanks

Biswajit

biswajit2020
5 - Atom

I am searching for this answer. Why these temp files are not automatically deleted after wf ran.

Either there should be some setting to delete the old files

Thanks

Biswajit