Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Server Settings Survey (Persistence Options)

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Just curious to know what all of the other users of Alteryx Server have set up for persistence purging on the controller.

Delete queue and results after (days): ?

Delete completed schedules after (days): ?

Delete uploaded files after (days): ?

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

10 days for all of them and our mongo files are still 25+ GB. Our users are generally saving the output to their machines, so there is little need to have the results out there for very long in the server.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Ten days and you're at 25 GB?

How long has your server been up?

We haven't purged anything since the first install (May 2016), we're at about 7 GB.

What's the lag time when you're viewing schedules connected to the server and flip over to the Results tab?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yep! I haven't actually verified it, but I suspect we're unknowingly outputting some temp result files that are big. For example, if we output a 20 MB temp file for an app that is run 100 times a day and we store 10 days, that would be 20MB*10*100=20GB right there.

Our server has been up for about a year. Our user base is pretty stable at this point, so the mongo files have been a stable size for awhile. 

There's a several second lag as you suspected, but it's not unbearable.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I think I'm more puzzled as to why our Mongo is so small rather than yours being of moderate size.

We have four or five workflows outputting temp files that should be around 5 MB; but at an interval of every 4 minutes.  Over 50,000+ sets of results at this poing - which is why I suppose the lag is up to a minute when switching to the Results tab.

Good to know though, thanks.

Generally speaking too, we know that it wouldn't be realistic to let the Mongo grow to infinity and were trying to find that balance of history for trending performance and size.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I have ours set to 30 days for everything.