Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Server Error: FileUnbuffered: Error in GetOverlappedResult: The media is write protected

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

Goodday,

I created a Workflow that should ONLY read data from the database and create a yxdb file for it. 

I scheduled this workflow but unfortunately it didn't updated the yxdb file, instead I got this Error:

Tool #2: FileUnbuffered: Error in GetOverlappedResult: The media is write protected. (19)

I was wondering what this Error is. I know the FileUnbuffered error with not enough diskspace (112) but I've never seen this type of error before.

Does this error mean that Alteryx was trying to write to the database instead of reading from it?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MartWClimber 

As suggested in the post try to close some applications and free up RAM space (check your task manager) and try running again after that.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/FileUnbuffered-Error-in-GetOverlappedR... 

Hope this helps : )

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

Hi @atcodedog05,

I've seen the post but that post only talks about a Diskspace error.

in this case I'm looking for an explanation for the The media is write protect. (19) Error.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MartWClimber 

Was it working before and not working now or was it not working at all. And can you check that you have given the correct fullpath, filename, and extension properly.

MartWClimber
9 - Comet

it worked before. but when 2022 arrived it broke.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

No upgrade in Alteryx also?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MartWClimber 

You can wait for some time see whether others have something to say. On the side you drop a mail to support@alteryx.com Alteryx tech team with the issue description they will get back to you in a while. 

Please do share once you find the solution.