Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Server - Analytical App Error

ateam
7 - Meteor

I have an Analytical app that is uploaded to the company's server for a broader use by all employees in the firm. The workflow has several test tools, if one of them fails the workflow displays an error message but still gives an option to download the excel file (i.e. the workflow doesn’t stop on an error). It totally works on my local drive but when I upload it to the server it doesn't let me download an output file if test error is present. Note that this issue is only present on the server. See blow snips for your reference. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

The tool that hits the error - what is it?

Is the Excel relative to the workspace or does it get mapped to a drive when it writes?

ateam
7 - Meteor

It is in the developer pallet, Test Tool. The excel is relative to the workplace (i.e. the user needs to download the output file upon completion of the model run). 

Test Tool.PNG

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Okay, I ran some tests on my server and it appears that while this is an expected behaviour, there is a workaround.

If you set the file to write to a mapped unc path, the user can get the file from that location.
Yes, it isn't ideal, it works.

To do this you'll need to set the file path, then export the workflow and upload the package to the Gallery. 

Saving directly from Designer will result in the relative path being forced, unfortunately.