Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Server API v3 equivalent to v1 'v1/workflows/{appId}/questions

maisonsteyer
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Does anyone know the v3 API equivalent to the v1 API "/v1/workflows/{appId}/questions"? I am attempting to migrate my calls to v3 and utilized the v1 questions call frequently. 

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@maisonsteyer you can view the updated endpoints by hovering over the "?" in the Server UI and then clicking API Documentation. 

image.png

Toggle to the v1 endpoints in the drop down and then click "Explore". This will show you the updated endpoints.

image.png

maisonsteyer
7 - Meteor

Hi @MatthewO - thank you for your response. I don't think this is what I'm looking for. I am trying to find the v3 equivalent to the v1 endpoint I mentioned above. It is my understanding that once I update to 2022.1 and forward, I will no longer be able to utilize the v1 endpoints. If this is the case, then I will need to find an equivalent. 

MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@maisonsteyer the API base URL can be found in the Server System Settings.

image.png

Using the example above, the path to the endpoint you mentioned would be:

http://localhost/webapi/v1/workflows/{appId}/questions

maisonsteyer
7 - Meteor

@MatthewO I understand what the version 1 endpoint is. I am trying to figure out what the endpoint for v3 is. My understanding is that I won't be able to use the v1 endpoints once I update to 2022.1

MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@maisonsteyer the v1 and v2 endpoints are still supported on 2022.1. The only revision is that the paths have been updated as shown above.

maisonsteyer
7 - Meteor

@MatthewO Thank you! That was the bit of information that I needed. I appreciate your responses. 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@MatthewO Is it the case that you can use the v1 API (using the new endpoint with a bearer token) to download all workflows? I'm finding that only my own workflow are authorized to download and previously (with the old v1 endpoint) I could download everything. 

PhilipMannering_0-1679865681419.png

MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@PhilipMannering the v1 endpoints are supported with the Oauth2.0 bearer token beginning in 2021.4. One thing I would check is that you are using the admin API credentials and not the subscription credential. If you are on version 2022.3, I believe there is only one set of credentials when the API is enabled for a user and this differentiation occurs based on your Server role. The screenshot below is from the 2022.3 release notes. This is not something I have explored myself, but it appears that as of the latest release the behavior might be expected if you are not a Server Curator.

image.png