Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Sequential execution of workflows on server

AmruthaPydeti
8 - Asteroid

I have 4 workflows which have to be executed sequentially. We don't have any database and hence we are generating yxdbs. 1st workflow generates few yxdbs which are used in 2nd workflow and so on. When I schedule them on the server, currently I am maintaining some gap between each workflow. Now the data is growing and taking more time than expected. So Is there any way to link 2nd workflow to execute after completing execution  of 1st workflow successfully and so on?

2 REPLIES 2
levell_x_dunn
10 - Fireball

HI @AmruthaPydeti ,

I would highly suggest downloading and using the runner Macro tools from http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

They have a runner and conditional runner macros in which you can create a new workflow and that first runner will run an already built macro and after the success of the first run then run a second one and so on and so on.

It's also conditional so that way if the first one fails you can have it run again or do something else and not trigger the second workflow when the data isn't ready

runner macro.jpg

AmruthaPydeti
8 - Asteroid

But I have all my workflows on the server. For versioning we are saving everything on the server. How do I point my workflows on server as input to these runner macros?