Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Selecting File Format and Encoding on Gallery

Carlithian
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

After a recent update to the MongoDB I have noticed that some workflows which previously just let the user download a csv file, now require them to select the file format and encoding type. 

Though this seems pretty useful, it is causing confusion amongst some teams and it would be easier if I can turn this option off. 

Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Carlithian_0-1576831103550.png

5 REPLIES 5
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @Carlithian , i had a look into the release notes as well as any option that can be configurable and I have't found any way to turn this off.

Nevertheless if you select your output to be xlsx instead of csv, the Encoding type won't appear

Best,

Vianney 

Best,
Vianney
wildflower
8 - Asteroid

Is there any way to convert this into an Idea? This has to do with the recent 2019.4+ server release (not MongoDB). We crave options, please give admins options, Alteryx. The encoding list also appears when you have a yxdb output and the user selects csv. I much preferred the previous design for yxdb to this.

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @wildflower,

Yes of course you can suggest you idea here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas >  suggest an Idea

Make sure you follow the steps defined before you post your idea.

@Carlithian can help you by voting for this idea

VianneyM_0-1579021737419.png

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
wildflower
8 - Asteroid

Please like my idea HERE

@Carlithian @VianneyM 

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @wildflower,

Done, I recommend that you also invite your colleagues to vote for you idea to raise awareness faster 

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney