Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Search results on the gallery

Jason
6 - Meteoroid

My team and I are in the process of migrating a couple hundred Apps to my company's gallery.  We're organizing everything into districts for the various user groups, but we would like to make sure the all of the Apps are easily searchable.  What components of an App or District will show up in search and filter results?  

As an example, I have a few modules that have an accronym in their name, as well as in the Description portion of the metainfo, and it has a tag with the accronym, but when I search for those three letters nothing comes up.  

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Jason,

The name and the tags should show up in search results.  

Can you provide more detail around the acronym that is not showing up for your search results?  If the macro has a tag with the acronym, search should retrieve it. Could it be a permisions issue, is the person who published unable to retrieve it with search?  

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Jason
6 - Meteoroid

One example is "SHMC".  I have 20 different apps that all begin with "SHMC- " and a description of their functionality.  They are all tagged with either "Department A - SHMC" or "Department B - SHMC" or "Department C - SHMC".  

When I search in the gallery I see the following:

SHMC-Search.PNG

The three districts do show up in search results, but none of the workflows.  This makes it very difficult to go into the Designer and open a workflow from the gallery.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Are you signed in while searching?

Jess Silveri
Jason
6 - Meteoroid

I am signed in, and I'm the author of about half of the Apps, so I don't think it could be a permissions issue.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Jason,

Two of us tested internally and we are unable to replicate.  We are using 10.6 for testing, are you on a different version?  

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Jason
6 - Meteoroid

We're running version 10.6.8.17850.

Another example is I have 9 Apps that all have names beginning with the word "Target", but searching for the word target yields no workflows.  Some are named "Target-[App Description]", "Target - [App Description]", or "Target [App Description]" (I thought perhaps the hyphens or spaces were part of the problem), but none of it seems to work.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jason,

This may be a case for the support team to take a look at. 

You can email support@alteryx.com and we can work with you to diagnose.

Jess Silveri
Martin_Bosak
7 - Meteor

I have similar problem..

I have a lot of workflows in my gallery, but search cant give almost no results... half of them begining with "CZ - " and when I do searh I receive nothing.

Im logged in an Im the owner of those workflows

I have around 60+ workflows in gallery, but some of them I cant even find on pages.. (the latest ones)