Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Scheduling a Workflow to run twice, two hours apart -- is it possible?

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

Using the workflow scheduler for a certain workflow in the Gallery, can I set up a schedule to run a workflow twice each day, two hours apart? So, run once at 2:00 PM and again at 4:00 PM, and not again until the next day same times? 

When I go in to the scheduler for a workflow, it is not apparent whether this can be done. 

Thanks for any help. 

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

yes! you will have to create two schedules for it- so for example one at 1pm  daily and the other at 3pm daily :)

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

But, it's not readily apparent how to do that. When I go into the scheduler, it seems you can only set up one schedule to be run Once, Recurring, or Custom. The Recurring and Custom options do not seem to offer a way to make more than one schedule. 

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

correct- you will set up a schedule for the first time(eg. 3pm on sat and sun) . and a separate schedule for the second time (eg 5pm on sat and sun)- you won't be able to schedule it within one schedule.

so the first schedule will look like this:image.png

After you have selected done- select "Schedule" again and create it for 2 hours after your "first Schedule"image.png

then you will have two schedules for the same workflow- 2 hours apart.image.png