Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLUCIONADO

Scheduling a Workflow to run twice, two hours apart -- is it possible?

Archaeopteryx
Bola de fogo

Hi,

Using the workflow scheduler for a certain workflow in the Gallery, can I set up a schedule to run a workflow twice each day, two hours apart? So, run once at 2:00 PM and again at 4:00 PM, and not again until the next day same times? 

When I go in to the scheduler for a workflow, it is not apparent whether this can be done. 

Thanks for any help. 

Chris

3 RESPOSTAS 3
Derangedvisions
Bólide

yes! you will have to create two schedules for it- so for example one at 1pm  daily and the other at 3pm daily :)

Archaeopteryx
Bola de fogo

Hi,

But, it's not readily apparent how to do that. When I go into the scheduler, it seems you can only set up one schedule to be run Once, Recurring, or Custom. The Recurring and Custom options do not seem to offer a way to make more than one schedule. 

Derangedvisions
Bólide

correct- you will set up a schedule for the first time(eg. 3pm on sat and sun) . and a separate schedule for the second time (eg 5pm on sat and sun)- you won't be able to schedule it within one schedule.

so the first schedule will look like this:image.png

After you have selected done- select "Schedule" again and create it for 2 hours after your "first Schedule"image.png

then you will have two schedules for the same workflow- 2 hours apart.image.png