Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Scheduler, scheduled Job run successfully, but output didn't save file to network drive.

zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

It's odd. I have a list runner scheduled for every night to backup files from Salesforce. If I run it manually, there is no issue both output to local drive and network drive. And scheduled with no issue when it output to local drive. But no output to network drive. Is there any extra setting I missed in Scheduler? The output log show the job run successfully. Just no files on the network drive, only saved on local drive.  

6 REPLIES 6
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Sounds like you just need to ensure that the run as account on the server has access to that network share. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

I manually run the workflow on that scheduler machine, it works. Is there any extra setting when you configure the scheduler machine? Thanks. 

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

But when you are running it, It's likely running as your user or what you are logged into the machine and that account likely has the right permissions. When the scheduler kicks off it uses the RunAs permissions that are set to start the job. Make sense? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

Joshua, thanks a lot, one more question, where I can find "RunAs" setting. 

zhuyyu
8 - Asteroid

I found it under scheduler setting, thanks again Joshua

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

In the Server Settings (on the desktop of the Alteryx Server) 🙂