Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Scheduled workflows of former employees

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

We have a much needed Scheduled workflow from a former employee. 

Currently, the former employee is in a "department private studio".  I would like to move this former employee to the "Former Employees Private Studio" in which I have created.

My concern is that the scheduled workflow in the "department private studio" will become "disabled".

1) Is that true?

2) how does the rest of the community deal with needed scheduled workflows from former employees?  What is your process?

Thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

Hi @JohnBell

My understanding is that the workflows disable as soon as you move someone from one studio to the next (or remove a user) (so even as an admin, if you change studios it will disable all the workflow schedules you set) 

We have just had to re-schedule the workflows from a different user.  

I have considered creating a "Service Account" and simply use that account to schedule any workflows, however you would need to create one for each studio (so you don't run into the same problem)

look forward to hearing if someone else has figured out a better work around.

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

thanks @Derangedvisions

I will be interested to hear how others' handle this situation...

BTW...AlteryxSupport told me that the workflow will not be "disabled"; However, he did leave a caveat....

"If, for some reason, it does get disabled. The best way I would imagine, is to download the workflow from that Studio (as a other user), and then re-upload it and re-schedule it."

I'll let you know what happens.  But to your point, my understanding is that the workflow becomes "disabled".

Thanks for your input,

John

Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

interesting! thanks for the info