Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Scheduled workflow on the server are running but stuck at 0%

kc03
7 - Meteor

Hi

I have workflows scheduled on the server which were running fine before. Suddenly they are stuck at 0 percent running stage when I checked in the queue . When I run the same workflows on the server manually, they ran successfully. Attaching screenshots for reference. Can anyone help?

Scheduler Server

kc03_0-1625650060136.png

kc03_2-1625650082910.png

16 REPLIES 16
ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mbarone ,

Sorry for the delayed response,

The workflow is with User and can we suggest same steps to User to follow? User is using local/shared connection in his workflow which i could not able to connect while running those designer in Server. 

Please suggest if any way that we can follow Thank you 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My suggestion is for "someone" (you, the user, your IT group, your security department) to remote into the server, open the workflow in Designer, check the Enable Performance Profiling button, then click Run and watch the dialogue that is generated in the Messages pane.  That will tell you where the workflow is getting stuck.

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mbarone ,

Check that and top processing tool info as listed below.

please find the attachment. 

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Not surprising to me.  The Data Cleansing tool takes a lot of resources.  I personally never use it, and prefer to use a multi-formula tool to make whatever cleansing I need.  Calgary Input always takes a lot because they are usually very large files.  Your network connection, your CPUs, and your RAM all make a difference on speed.  I don't use Tableau so I can't speak to that but it seems it's using very little resources.

I'd suggest to start with using the Multi-Field tool (or multiple) and cleanse your data that way instead of the data cleansing tool.  And again, nothing you can do about the Calgary input taking so long (it's all based on your server/network architecture which is probably not controlled by you).

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mbarone ,

Can you please suggest? is it the solution? or anything you can suggest for now from Alteryx Gallery? I dont know much on Designer so if you can suggest anything it will helpful for me Thanks in advance.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I don't know if it's a solution or not.  It's just a suggestion.  In a perfect world,  you can have a server with 100 CPUs, and 1TB of RAM, and a very fast no-latency network connection.  I don't know how to do that - you'd have to talk to your IT team.

From a designer standpoint, you could try converting whatever you're doing with the data cleanse tool into formulas to be used in a multi-field formula tool(s).  I can't really give too much more than that without seeing what those data cleanse tools are doing.

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the immediate responses and help @mbarone