Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Scheduled 'start outlook' command tool not working following update from 2018.3 to 2019.2

brmEmpower
5 - Atom
I am on a virtual machine with a scheduler license on it. We had a workflow scheduled that simply opened Outlook using a Text Input, Command Tool and Browse Tool that read a bat file that had the command: start outlook. This scheduled workflow ran great until I updated my version from 2018.3 to 2019.2 . Since this time, the scheduled workflow does not execute. There are no errors output in the Scheduler Results window. I can still run the workflow manually in Designer. I checked the System settings and Alteryx Scheduler is still set to Run As myself.
1 REPLY 1
CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

@brmEmpower 

It may be that something got corrupted during the upgrade that affected this one scheduled job.. 

Try setting up a new schedule for the workflow again.

If the problem persists after setting up a new scheduled then send an email to support@alteryx.com and mention case 294106.

Include  on the email the following:

- exported sample workflow file  (Designer > Options > Export Workflow)

- screenshot of the error

- screenshot of Designer > Help > About

RuntimeSettings.xml File - C:\ProgramData\Alteryx

Service logs - C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service

- Engine Logs - C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\ErrorLogs

Keep in mind that the directories mentioned above are defaults installation locations and it may be different depending on how it is on your Alteryx System Settings