Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Scheduled Workflows on Alteryx Gallery

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

We have Alteryx Serve/Worker ver 2019.4.8.22007. The issue is the normal time it would take my workflow to run is apporx 3 hours but I often found out that on the other day that it only ran for 1 hour without any errors. Upon checking, the data only has 20% of the whole (Fiscal Year 2018 of our sales report) and I'm expecting it to have 2018-2020 completely. Has anyone encountered this kind of issue on their gallery? Please help.  

4 REPLIES 4
wwatson
12 - Quasar

Could there be an issue with your data sources? If they are being refreshed and empty at the time the WF runs on the server that could cause the output to be missing data.

c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @digitalmemo,

To prevent this from happening we can have an automated error checking stage somewhere in your workflow.

I put together a simple example for you

c-lopez_0-1594831922008.png

In this case I am checking that all of the year values present at the beginning of the process are also present at the end of the process, if one of them is missing then the workflow fails. At this point we can activate an event that emails us and lets us know that something went wrong or start an event that runs the workflow again.

To make the sample i added work or break simply comment or un-comment the last statement on the filter tool, you'll see that if 2008, 2009, and 2010 are present the workflow completes successfully, if however, there is a year missing then it will fail.

I hope this helps prevent this from happening again

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

No issue with the data source. What I only do for the fix is I re-run it manually from our gallery but I'm tired of sitting and waiting for hours to make sure if the module would do the same issue or not because it has co-requisite modules waiting for it to get finished. 

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

@c-lopez thanks. This would be a great add-on QA to my module but the data source always have complete data. I'm suspecting that the issue is either the gallery itself or other users who uses the Calgary index the same time it is being updated, the issue happens.