Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
Don't forget to submit your entry for the Excellence Awards by October 30! | Need more information about the program? Check out the blog here

Scheduled Alteryx Server workflows goes into Disabled mode

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

We have not (knock on wood), had this issue recently.  We are currently running version 2019.3.  When the issue did occur, our fix was to add the users back and that corrected the issue.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

We still see this issue unfortunately and have not found a solution.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

I have seen this issue too with no resolution.

@KrisGWell crafted and thorough description of the problem.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Seems to be fixed in 2020.1, we haven't seen this happening since we upgraded to this version few months ago. 

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Thank you for letting us know @veruzi. I looked at the 2020.1 release notes but don't see anything in the bugfixes that seem to mention the issue, but if it has been fixed that is great news.

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/server/server-20201-release-notes

We are always a few versions behind on our production environment, so it may be a while before we get to 2020.1 - if anyone else can confirm the issue is no longer present in 2020.1 that would be great

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Later Edit: in 2020.1 we've seen this issue due to users tampering with their Private Srudio Keys. 

So scratch below statement.. 

Looks like a jinxed it ... Today one of the users complained about the same issue in 2020.1.

I re-opened the issue with Alteryx Support as they closed my original one once they confirmed that the issues is fixed in 2020.1.

Will post here when I have more info ...

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

We are in 2020.1 but this issue persists for us as well.  I have a workflow that is scheduled and runs fine until it is automatically disabled at some seemingly random time.  The comment above regarding Mongo is interesting because we are having some issues with Mongo. 

My private studio information has been stable, and no permissions on the workflow are being changed.

Pretty frustrating to put in so much work to build the work flows and achieve the desired result only to have it fail on the scheduling side.  This obviously reduces/eliminates the value of this as we cannot rely on the schedule.

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

What's the message you are seeing on the UI when the schedule gets disabled?

Is it: "The workflow cannot be accessed. Request access or delete the schedule." ?

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

I rescheduled the workflow before taking note of the precise message, but I will do so tomorrow as this is likely to reoccur as the scheduled workflow has been disabled in the dead of night on consecutive days.

If I view the workflow history I can see many successful runs, and then I can see where it stopped.  Here the 'Run Type" is manual (all others are scheduled), and the error messages say "Cannot access the folder ..." followed by  the location of the permissioned network drive.  This is followed by more errors that are of the same variety pertaining to additional objects located in the same network directory.

Of course I am wondering why our server seems to randomly disconnect from a permissioned network, and moreover when it does so why does Alteryx automatically decide to disable the workflow?  First thing in the morning I am re-enabling the workflow and it runs fine, and seems to do so all day long until the middle of the night.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

I posted a workaround that worked some of the time and is now failing too. This is an urgent issue.